NavMesh in Unity 2019

kotor

I am trying to create a AI agent. It requires to create a NavMesh. I am not able to bake a NavMesh in Unity 2019 to make the AI agent work. In Unity 2018 everything seems to be working and I am able to Create NavMesh. What I am doing wrong ?. I want to make Third Person Controller to work on Unity 2019. Please advise

I'm using Unity 2019 and able to bake the nav mesh to get the AI agent to work. When you open Navigation (Window-AI-Navigation) in Unity 2019 is the bake option grayed out? I know they moved this window between versions so it was confusing for me to find at first.

No, the button is not greyed out. When I press the button nothing happens. I don't see the baked nav mesh on the scene window. I don't know whats going on. I never had this problem before.

So I see where some confusion is. I was trying to set up a new scene and couldn't get the navmesh to bake. I dont remember having to do this in 2018 so maybe it will help you.

I created a Plane GameObject then opened Navigation. I clicked Object Tab and clicked on the Navigation Static checkbox. This made Navigation Area light up and I can choose walkable, etc. Then clicked Bake. This ran the bake process.

1579630783192.png

If you dont have Nav static checked it wont know what to bake. If this doesnt work I would look at unity docs or videos on nav mesh in 2019.

Edit: If the nav mesh worked you will have a new folder with your scene name. This has the nav mesh inside.