My Wish List

chrisk

Hi, Justin,

First of all, congratulation on the solid release of both PUN and VR.
I hope things are settling down for a bit.

I mentioned the followings before but I would like to keep things in one place for better tracking.

Here are the things that I've been waiting for a very long time and I would like to ask you once again as a reminder before you get busy again.

1. MoveToward Ability: There is a bug where you can't MoveToward to an arbitrary oriented AbilityStartLocation. And there is another bug where the Game gets stuck forever if it can't MoveToward. It will need a timeout depends on certain conditions, like not moving for a certain period, or by "F" key pressed again.

2. Swappable Animator Controller: For isolated animation such as 3rd party vehicle controller, swimming, climbing, and etc., it's too painful to integrate into existing UCC animator and it makes UCC animator too complicated with nodes and parameters all mixed up. An ability to swap out Animator Controller would be very appreciated.

3. Support for the Fast "Enter-To-Play" mode in 2019.3. It's probably the best feature I've ever seen in the past few years and it's a lifesaver if you are working on a large size project. I already tried my project to convert to 2019.3 and it seems run fine. Right now UCC is the only required Asset that doesn't support the Fast Enter-To-Play. I wish you can take a look what's causing the conflict. The problem seems like the way you are relying on clearing static vars by Assembly Reload.
I'm sure it will help you save lots of time developing/testing UCC as well.

FYI, for those of you who don't know what it is, it will let you enter the play mode instantly. An amazing feature and it will save you a few days worth of time during the project development cycle.

Cheers!

Jason, I think I can wait for others but can I expect the Swappable Animator support in the next patch? I really appreciate it if you can take a look.

Have you had a chance to try the fast Enter-to-Play? If you try, you will understand why I'm so excited about it. ^^

Thanks.

(Justin - Jason was my past life :LOL:)

I haven't looked at swappable animators because I haven't gotten many requests for it (especially compared to things such as magic, built-in vehicle support or a flashlight). Version 2.2 will be the next feature release and it's already pretty full but depending on timing I may be able to fit it in. I just don't know what it'll take so I don't want to commit to anything. I'll also start to ensure everything works with 2019.3 when it reaches a later beta stage (one of the downsides of asset dev - I'm still primarily using 2017.4 for the base version).

Haha, sorry about that, wasn't thinking when I was typing.
Not sure what everyone else is doing but it becomes pretty obvious why it's necessary. I believe it can help you make your future add-on with self-contained animation such as swimming and ladder climbing. I think I requested this feature really long time ago and please consider it again for the next feature update. I forget but I thought it was promised feature.

BTW, I have no idea what's on your plate and I hate to ask the same request over and over. If you can share the list, it will help put me into perspective what to ask. Built-in vehicle is something I never expected and it's probably out of UCC's scope.

Cheers!

Version 2.2 is our next big release and between then and now it will mostly maintenance/minor feature updates. Version 2.2 won't include a new vehicle controller, just a new drive ability using an existing vehicle controller. I'll probably just take the car controller from Unity's standard assets. This type of an ability has probably been the most requested feature for version 2.2.

More power to everyone if it can support either the stock car or 3rd party asset. I had so much problem with vehicles myself.
Anyway, please keep the swappable Animator in your good book. It will make developing independent add-ons much easier. ^^

BTW, 2019.3 just turned into beta. The fast enter-to-play mode will certainly require some modification and I hope you get a chance to take a look at the earliest chance. I tried to work around the initializing UCC static vars but it wasn't simple. It might require some thinking to do it properly.

Cheers!