Moving while rotating

How can I make the character rotate while he is moving ? mouse rotation seems to be locked when the player is moving. when the player stops only then he can rotate around.

Have you followed the setup tutorials from this playlist?
Especially "First Person Character Creation"

Have you added any state presets or custom abilities that would affect the rotation input? E.g. an ability with "Allow Rotational Input" disabled.

Yes I have been watching the playlist. I have watched the videos up to "First person item creation". I am using demo state configuration. And no i haven't added any custom abilites or any state presets.. just the one that comes by default i.e. demostateconfiguration. What do I do to allow the player to rotate while he is moving ?

Are you on the latest version? Are you getting any error or warning messages in the console? Are you using any custom character models or animations?

You should use the demo scene as an example, and try to make sure your setup matches the demo scene first.

I am using ufps version 2.3.6 by opsive.
No i am not getting any kinda errors or warnings.
i am just starting out with your asset with only those models and animations you have provided.
My character's right hand is missing. it blinks sometimes only most of the time it is not being rendered. i have been changing the size of renderer bounds and so far nothing changes. I have also increased/decreased the distance of the first person arms model from the body of the character.
here is my screen shot. plz help me figure out this asset.
No matter how big i make the size of the renderer bounds .. the right hand keeps blinking or is disappeared most of the time.

Edit:
i figured it out after hours of research .. you need to set renderer bounds of both left arm and left armor (same for right) . In the video he just tells you to set the armor only .

Attachments

• Screenshot (183).png
    Screenshot (183).png
    344.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (184).png
    Screenshot (184).png
    387.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (185).png
    Screenshot (185).png
    382.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello, Sorry for disturbing you again. Actually i am using rewired for touch controls integrations and before that i thought i should make keyboard and mouse input first (using rewired ).
so i have setup the Rewired Input Manager(my own not the prefab). Here's what it does:
1- move the character(nolan) using WASD keys.
2- fire using LeftClick mouse button.
3- zoom using right mouse button.
What i want to do is rotate on the basis of mouse X and mouse Y input.
i have installed rewired integration from Opsive website (followed the instructions)

also installed and configured rewired asset(version 1.1.39.2).
Here's my screenshots. Kindly tell me how can i use the mouse X and mouse Y to Rotate (just like i did with Unity Input Component attached to Nolan)
Is there something else that needs to be done and i don't know it?

Attachments

• Doc1 (1).pdf
    862.4 KB · Views: 4
I think you need to set the positive/negative names on the Mouse X/Y actions too, e.g.

1632904842354.png

Also have you removed the UnityInput component and added the RewiredInput component to your character? And made sure that the horizontal/vertical look input names are set to "Mouse X/Y"?

Okay. So i figured out the touch controls and keyboard mouse controls via rewired.
1- Would you mind telling me how do I change the guns and first person arms model while using the same animator controllers/animations that come with opsive ufps?
2- If not then Is there a way to just change only the textures and materials of the guns and fps arms model ?

Attachments

• image_2021-10-04_061955.png
    image_2021-10-04_061955.png
    346 KB · Views: 2
Can you create a new thread for each topic? This will make it easier for others to search. This page describes how to change the animations: