MoveWithObject - Please Update

RedHawk

Please update the MoveWithObject ability so that it also exposes the Boolean values for Use Look Position and Use Look Rotation. This will put it in alignment with the other Abilities.

Plus I'd like to deselect these values for a specific use case.

Thanks

Are you referring to the Detect Object Ability Base values? Move With Object does not implement Detect Object Base so those values are not used/exposed.

Move with Object will start automatically when the Target field is set.

Are you referring to the Detect Object Ability Base values? Move With Object does not implement Detect Object Base so those values are not used/exposed.

Move with Object will start automatically when the Target field is set.
Exactly my point. I need to turn those off in a special use case for a special ability I've made. I have no problem letting it start automatically, but I want to turn off look position and rotation like I'm able to do with every other ability.

Can you modify the included MoveWithObject ability so that those two functions are exposed. Please.

Move with Object doesn't inherit Detect Object Ability Base so those values can't be exposed. Move with Object is designed to work a bit differently from the detect object abilities.

Are you interested in enhancing it to add those values so that I can turn them off? Or is that something I need to do on my end?

My issue is, if I turn off those booleans on my ability then the Move with object ability "overwrites" those choices thereby nullifying the overrides I have in place. Basically, I'm using two abilities at the same time being mine plus the move with object ability.

Since the ability doesn't inherit from Detect Object Ability Base those values are off by default and there's no way to turn them on.

It sounds like you have something else going on. Move With Object is a concurrent ability so it can run at the same time as other abilities are active - maybe that is causing a problem?

Well, it's not moving with my object. I don't want the character to look in the direction the mouse is. I don't want the character to rotate either. I have those off in my ability, but the Move with object ability (which I want to be on at the same time) is forcing the character to look in the direction and rotate.

I guess I will keep digging and will tweak Move with object on my end. Thanks

Are you sure that it is the Move With Object ability causing it? Move With Object doesn't do much besides set the Platform property of the Ultimate Character Controller. It doesn't do any actual movement or rotation of the character or camera.

The character or camera will rotate with the moving platform object though if that reference is set. If your character isn't physically on the moving platform then I could see it looking strange.

What can I set up on the IK or elsewhere to keep the body and head from rotating? I have a IKPreset that forces the Hand Weight and Upper Arm Weight to 1. What else should I do? I also have my ability on the FullBody layer. Should I put it on a different layer?

If it's IK related the weight should be set to 0 to prevent any rotation. If the character still rotates then it could be animation related.