Movement Integration A* Bug

Diggidy

Wander isn't working properly with the movement integration of Astar Pathfinding Project.

In the demo scene, the bot will wander 1 time and stop.

I have been letting the demo scene play but the wander task hasn't gotten stuck yet. Have you tried increasing the Arrive Distance to see if that helps at all?

I tried that but other then that I haven't changed anything. It wasn't working in my project so I tried the demo scene and I notice that didn't work either. You are running the A* integration demo, correct?

I let the scene play a bit longer and did notice wander getting stuck. It looks like reachedDestination is never returning true so that's why it stops. With the navmesh version I sample the position ahead of time to ensure it's valid and I think that would fix this case as well.

Looking at the IAStarAI interface it doesn't look like there is a generic way to do this. I'll get in contact with Aron to see if he can add it.

For me the wander point is going outside the bounds of the navmesh or above the navmesh or sometimes below it.
50b6cfaf99b460bebd6bf6e1f5461dcd.png

https://gyazo.com/50b6cfaf99b460bebd6bf6e1f5461dcd

Justin, I tried to use A* movement (ability). It seems to be not working. I am using A* Pathfinding version 4.3.11. The reason I am saying this, In AI Destination setter component if I set the target, It works fine but not working when I use behavior designer and A* movement package. Do you aware of this? or am I doing something wrong ?

Something is likely going wrong. The Movement Pack uses the same IAStarAI interface to set the destination so if it works when you set the destination manually then it should also work within the behavior tree. You can verify that the destination is being set tby placing a breakpoint with IAstarAIAgent.SetDestination.