Move Towards with NavMesh

Rabassa

Hello,

I'm using Behavior Design and the Move Towards task. I've checked my nav mesh and verified that the AI has the Move Towards, Nav Mesh Agent Movement enabled, but the AI just stutters in place.

I tried adding the Ability Start Location to the game object target but no go. Any ideas?

Thanks,
rich

The Move Towards task does not do any pathfinding - you should instead use Seek.

Thanks Justin - I had started with Seek first and it worked but after getting to the target it could no longer see the player. I realized I had some objects on the Character Layer that should have been on the default layer.

So just to clarify, should the player be the one and only thing on the Character layer?

If I want the AI to attack other AI, do they also need to be on the Character Layer?

Thanks,
rich

The layers are configurable so as long as you update the layer masks on each component they can really be anything that makes sense for your game. By default the player controlled character is on the Character layer, and AI are on the Enemy layer.