Move towards location when using Move with object

Dayus

Hi,

I have a moving object on which my character is standing on. I use the MoveWithObject ability to make the character stay on the object.
Now i've implemented a Ladder ability that use the Move towards location to set the player on the right spot before starting. My ladder ability is working fine on static ground but once it's on the moving object it's having a hard time getting to the start location. Once it's reached, the ability is working fine.

I tried to play around with the MoveTowardsLocation settings but it's still buggy.

If anyone got some ideas..!?

I haven't used MoveWithObject and MoveTowards but I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work have it fixed in the next update. If it's an easy fix I'll post the solution here.

Ok thanks. Also, maybe it's because I played around too much with my characther controller but when it's using the move with object it's sliding left or right when the object is turning. It was not like that last time I tested it. Maybe related to the recent updtate to 2.2.3

I just tried to reproduce this but wasn't able to. Within the demo scene I took the 2.5D platform and added the interact button to it. When I started the interact ability the character activated the Move Towards ability while the Move With Object ability was active. The two different abilities were able to work together.

The thing is i'm using a spline to move my platform... so it's not always straigth, it's curving and that's when it seems to be buggy has the character is drifting while turning hence it never reach the start location. I cannot parent the controller to the platform cause the the control are all messed up as soon as is start curving.

I added a rotation to the SimplePlatform script and am able to reproduce it. Ok, I'll let you know when I have it fixed.

After playing with it some more I think that the solution is to just increase the Move Towards Location Distance or Angle field. What is happening is that the update order is preventing the character from directly aligning with the object, so if you increase the threshold a bit then the character will successfully move towards the destination.

Ok i'll have to play around with those settings, altoughts I might be limited since I need my characther relatively well placed for my ladder ability.

Right now i'm having quite a big problem with the Move With Object. I can't get the player to stay on my train. When it's going straigth forward it's ok but as soon as it start turning the player slide left or right and I can't get it to work andI tried so many things... i'm running out of ideas to solve this...