Master Audio Integration Question

KO_Games

Hi Justin,

I saw on a previous post that you were considering adding in an option to where Master Audio could be used instead of the default Unity Audio system. Has this been integrated? If not, in your opinion what would be the best way to implement master audio with the Third person controller? I generally don't like modifying your scripts because I'm always worried with an update that they will get overwritten. Is there a way to make changes without changing an original script? How would you go about doing it?

No, it's not integrated yet. Ideally you'd create your own Audio Manager and have that be the singleton instead of the built in class, but I know the built in class is a static class so that is going to cause some problems.

Thanks for the quick response Justin. I assume any integration would be a ways off is that correct? If so, it sounds like I would need to make changes directly in the Audio Manager script. If I just make changes in the audio manager script would that work? Or are there other scripts that I would need to make changes to as well? I assume the Audio Manager handles all of the audio being done is that right? The main concern I have is getting footsteps sounds to work as I like the system that is built-in with the controller for that.

Hey,

Sorry to tag along here. Just mentioning that adding Master Audio support would be a huge help to my team as well.

I'm wondering if something like using a top level bool (possibly Scripting Define Symbols) would work so that either the default audio would be played (if no MA present) or MA clips could be triggered (if MA present). Using MA would be extremely useful in managing audio levels for individual sounds, changing values and sounds dynamically, adding variation (round robin), integration with other tools like Resonance Audio for more immersive spatialization, and of course as a massive resource management boost to larger projects.

Thanks,
Nathan