Mac window manager crash

dancinggoat23

Hello. I'm seeing a sporadic crash on my Mac whenever I open the behavior editor window on a tree with more than a handful of nodes. There aren't really that many, perhaps 20+, but if the tasks don't all fit in the viewport, and I try opening a popup window or attempt to select any tasks, I have sometimes (and really often now) experienced a complete crash of the Mac window manager, dumping me out to the login prompt. I'm attaching the crash report from the console.

This is a Macbook Pro 16" with 64GB RAM, 2TB disk.

Attachments

• crash-report-bd-editor.txt
    197.4 KB · Views: 1
Looks like I can get a very reliable crash in the Window Server with my project now. I'm not sure I can continue work with it...

edit: it seems to always happen when I try to zoom out. Panning sometimes triggers it, too. Right-clicking occasionally does it.

Last edited:
In that crash report it doesn't look like there is anything from BehaviorDesigner. I did a search for "BehaviorDesigner" but no trace came back so something else is causing it. If there's a crash report that includes Behavior Designer in it I can take a look but based on the current log I'd report that to Unity.

Last edited:
In that crash report it doesn't look like there is anything from BehaviorDesigner. I did a search for "BehaviorDesigner" but no trace came back so something else is causing it. If there's a crash report that includes Behavior Designer in it I can take a look but based on the current log I'd report that to Unity.
I noticed the same thing, but wanted to provide what I had... I associate the crash with the BD editor because it doesn’t happen anywhere else, but as they say, correlation doesn’t always equal causation. An additional note, in case anyone else sees this: it doesn’t happen if, after I’ve opened an editor on a behavior, I alt-click and drag the contents just a little bit.

I’ll open a Unity ticket. Thanks for replying and for the great AI asset! BD is one of the core systems in my game and is extremely useful.