Look Sensitivity Unity Input System

nmaxey1234

I am having some issues with the look sensitivity on my character. Despite dropping Look Sensitivity and Look Sensitivity Multiplier to extremely low values, I am unable to dial it in to where I would like it.

I am using the Unity Input System integration.

Are there more values I should tweak or is there a fix?

I attached a video displaying the extreme low settings I'm trying with no success.

This is where the look vector is calculated in code:
Code:
                m_CurrentLookVector.x *= ((m_LookSensitivity.x * m_LookSensitivityMultiplier) + lookAcceleration) * TimeUtility.FramerateDeltaTime;
                m_CurrentLookVector.y *= ((m_LookSensitivity.y * m_LookSensitivityMultiplier) + lookAcceleration) * TimeUtility.FramerateDeltaTime;

If you set the Look Acceleration Threshold to a non-zero value (as in your case), the sensitivity is limited by this threshold. The first term is almost zero, but the lookAcceleration term is still there.
I would recommend to set the Look Sensitivity back to the default of 2, set the Look Acceleration Threshold to 0, and go down with the Look Sensitivity Multiplier starting at 0.1. See how far you get with this approach.

This is where the look vector is calculated in code:
Code:
                m_CurrentLookVector.x *= ((m_LookSensitivity.x * m_LookSensitivityMultiplier) + lookAcceleration) * TimeUtility.FramerateDeltaTime;
                m_CurrentLookVector.y *= ((m_LookSensitivity.y * m_LookSensitivityMultiplier) + lookAcceleration) * TimeUtility.FramerateDeltaTime;

If you set the Look Acceleration Threshold to a non-zero value (as in your case), the sensitivity is limited by this threshold. The first term is almost zero, but the lookAcceleration term is still there.
I would recommend to set the Look Sensitivity back to the default of 2, set the Look Acceleration Threshold to 0, and go down with the Look Sensitivity Multiplier starting at 0.1. See how far you get with this approach.

Does that mean that in our game's settings we should only change the value of LookSensitivityMultiplier and keep the Accelaration Threshold to 0 as well as Look Sensitivity X/Y at 1 or maybe 2?

No, you just need to be aware that the Look Acceleration gives a lower limit to the sensitivity. If you set it to 0 it is easier to find the right range for the sensitivity using the multiplier. But you are free to set different values for x/y, or to limit the sensitivity with the threshold.