Ladder Climb "Stop Climb"

Stop climb in the demo scene works very well, ive tried as mucha s i can to replicate this scene but i end up witht his outcome:

What do the gizmos look like on your ladder object? If you bring the ladder from the demo scene into your scene does it work correctly?

Hmm, can you send a repro project to support@opsive com? This will give me a better idea of what is happening.

From watching that video at the beginning when trying to mount the ladder I wonder if the ShortClimb ability is higher then the LadderClimb in the Ultimate Character Locomotion component on the character. Then at the end of the video where the character is stuck in the idle climb animation I believe he was pressing jump to dismount the ladder and the animator got stuck. I have been able to create the issue in the demo scene with Nolan. If you quickly and repeatedly press Action and Jump together you can bug out the animator.

@Justin My project is fairly large right now and since the issue seems to be reproduceable in the demo scene (spam space/F while climbing a ladder) It may not be necessary. Thanks @GearedGeek for the video.

With Nolan the issue occurs using the method described above, with my custom character it seems to happen if I use Jump or Action even once while climbing. Same issue with varying triggers.

Thanks - I've been working with @GearedGeek and have this one fixed. I will be releasing an update to the Climbing Add-On this week which has all of the fixes.

Thanks - I've been working with @GearedGeek and have this one fixed. I will be releasing an update to the Climbing Add-On this week which has all of the fixes.

Awesome! Thanks for looking into it so quick. Could you provide some steps for applying the fix to an existing character? Or a heads up as to which files will be changing.

You will only need to update the animator when the update is released. There were some code changes to the ladder climb ability but that doesn't require you to change your character.