Items and character question

Line 360 within ChildAnimatorMonitor is an int assignment so there's no way for that to be null. You'll want to first update to the latest version, and from there you should be able to follow the video below. If I were to guess I don't think you have an animator on your bow.

here, first picture is nolanpun prefab hierarchy (no bow), second one is nolan in runtime. where do you spawn bow? all other weapons are already there hidden except for bow. that's what i don't understand. and bow has an animator, it's a default demo bow.

Attachments

• bow1.JPG
    bow1.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
  • bow.JPG
    bow.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
The bow isn't spawned - it is placed as a regular item during edit time. The arrow is spawned within the projectile field of the Shootable Weapon component and the visibility is changed within that same component. Have you gone through the bow part of the video?

yes i have, it's similar to other items, but on your default character (nolan prefab) there is no bow on the rig anywhere and yet it's there when u pick it up at runtime. that's the confusing part:) i replicated your rig and character exactly as it is and it works on nolan but not on my rig.
so, you say i have to add bow item as in the video then?

Ah, I forgot that the bow was a runtime item. This is done with:

In the video though the bow is placed as a regular item.

ahh, i knew something wasn't right. so if i wan't to add a bow from the start i would add it it as a regular item? but it can only be a pickup item if i want to, yeah?
also one more question, frag is added to default loadout but is never loaded. always zero on start.

edit: yes, everything works fine now with my custom character yay, thanks :D i'm missing the katana though, not even in project?

edit2: got the frag working, just add primary, secondary and thrown frag to default loadout

Last edited:
trying to create melee weapon but item manager says it needs a melee animation controller and it won't let me. what's up with that?
i followed melee tutorial on your YouTube page and you don't add any controllers.

Glad you got it working. Do you have UFPS? UFPS doesn't include melee weapons but you can upgrade to FPC which does.

ahh, i knew something wasn't right. so if i wan't to add a bow from the start i would add it it as a regular item? but it can only be a pickup item if i want to, yeah?
also one more question, frag is added to default loadout but is never loaded. always zero on start.

edit: yes, everything works fine now with my custom character yay, thanks :D i'm missing the katana though, not even in project?

edit2: got the frag working, just add primary, secondary and thrown frag to default loadout
@NoForkEither Please let me know how u solved frag is added to default loadout but is never loaded. always zero on start. ?