Item setup - watching video but getting different results?

Tscorpio

I'm trying to follow the item creation video - the one where you create an assault rifle for Nolans right hand.
I follow the video step for step and the rifle gets parented correctly, but it will not equip itself when I hit play. To debug I've switched everything (Character, type defs, types, etc) to those from the demo folder and I still cannot get the darn rifle to equip itself. I'm at a loss - I mean, I'm doing the steps in the video using the demo assets that ship with the product, I am using Third Person Controller with Unity 2019.4.17f1

Thanks

Have you also included that item in the character's default inventory (on the Inventory component)? And when you play, do you see the item added to the character's "current inventory" there?

Yes I see them in the inventory, but it's not being equiped(?). I've included a screen shot of the character at runtime if that will help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-10 191334.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-10 191334.png
    322.3 KB · Views: 5
Does the ItemType match between the item that you created and the default loadout? This page also has some troubleshooting steps if the item isn't being equipped:

The videos are accurate for the current version though so a quicker method may be to just try again from a fresh project.

I've looked through the troubleshooting tips and it seems that Equip & UnEquip abilities aren't being included in the characters abilities list when the character is built. What's strange is they aren't in the available abilities to add at all.

They aren't available abilities, but they should be available Item Abilities. When you are creating the character these Item Abilities will be added if you select the "Items" option.

I abandoned the project and started a new one and it was still acting strange. Then I redownloaded the asset and now everything is working as expected. I guess something was corrupted down in there...