Issues with the IK system, using weapons (Arm Bending strangely)

I have been informed that " Your sword attacks, This happen when the IK isn't setup properly or a state present isn't set. Make a separate post about it in the UCC only forum category and someone should be able to guide you more precisely

Issue: Arms bend backwards and move in to strange positions when using the sword

Desired outcome: The sword work the same way as in the Demo or does not have arms bending in an unrealistic way.

Example can be seen here on this video I have created

Jump to 00.01.46 to get to the sword issue in the video

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjdtSZCe3qStqfEJfrO3en-_VKUdpQ?e=LtnNIj

someone advice how to fix this issue ?

1630416626118.png

1630416658923.png

Can I still use the Item set manger if I am using the Integration with the Inventory system ?

by default I don't appear to have the Item set manager script on my character.

1630421425821.png

Hi Yes I have followed the Integration and using it for my inventory system,

I can add the script, if needed but it wasn't added during the integration process, which is why I am asking if I should, I don't know what else it might impact (which might be nothing) .

The closest thing I can see is the Inventory Item Set manager, but it looks/ has very different things, so I don't think its what I need.

1630486634902.png

Have you added the Sword preset (believe it’s called SwordCharacterIKPreset) to the CharacterIK component?
The InventoryItemSetManager replaces the Item Set Manager and works in a similar way, you can assign a State when the sword is Equipped.
That should be it. If your still stuck in this tomorrow I can send you some screen grabs if my setup when I get to my computer.

In the integration you use the "Inventory Item Set Manager" (it inherits the Item Set Manager class).

As explained in the documentation, the Inventory Item Set Manager create ItemSets at runtime using the rules you define. For example you can set a "Sword" Rule with a "Sword" category item in slot 0 and nothing in slot 1.
Similar to the demo.

Notice how I've set it up in the demo scene:
1630500184688.png
I've set an Item Set Rule with the State "Sword" and that rule has category "Melee Blade". That mean that if I have a blade equipped a new ItemSet will be created with state "Sword". and when that ItemSet is Equipped the state will be active which will tell all the component that uses the sate system that they should use the presets assigned to that state (i.e the Charackter IK sword state preset).

Notice how I have another ItemSetRule for SwordShield. That means that when I equip both the shield and melee blade this ItemSet will be created. And id equipped the "SwordShield" state will be equipped.

When you make your ItemSetRules you need to be careful on what categories you use and the states you'll need to be active at that point.

Hopefully that clarifies some of your misunderstandings.