Issues with FINAL IK jitter, question about update timing: I know the camera updates in deterministicObjectManager, is this ever done in post update?

Hi,
I am having issues with jittering. It seems to be a timing error, but looking through the classes I don't seem to see anything that would suggest that the camera is updated in After Update.

I Update the target and the position of the IK in After Update and have checked to ensure that this is actually happening.

The correct order should be:

1. character/camera rotates

2. IK target is set

3. IK solves

both #2 and #3 are in AfterUpdate functions, but still getting some pretty serious jittering.

I am wondering, is the camera ever updated in post? Is there anywhere else I can check that might be causing this? It is worth noting I am using a slightly older UCC version. Let me know!
Thanks

It is worth noting I am using a slightly older UCC version
There were a lot of changes to the Kinematic Object Manager and CharacterIKBase components in order to get FinalIK to work correctly. Unfortunately it wasn't a quick fix and it went through multiple iterations so really the only way to truly fix it is to use the latest.

There were a lot of changes to the Kinematic Object Manager and CharacterIKBase components in order to get FinalIK to work correctly. Unfortunately it wasn't a quick fix so really the only way to truly fix it is to use the latest.
Okay, I understand. Is there a high level explanation of what the major issue was? Maybe I can hack together a temp fix for GDC as I am demoing there

Okay, I understand. Is there a high level explanation of what the major issue was? Maybe I can hack together a temp fix for GDC as I am demoing there
It dealt with the update order as you mentioned. It probably took three or four revisions to get it completely right and each revision built upon the previous one.

Are most of the classes the same structure and name *in general*? I know there will be big changes, but is it completely overhauled or say a 10% core change?

If you're referring to the DeterministicObjectManager that was in a version before 2.1 I think. There has been more than a year of updates since then and the class structure did change. It's tough to put a number on it though.

If you can hold off and don't need FinalIK for your demo I would wait until version 2.2 though since there are some more major changes coming:

Yeah it is 1.9 i believe. I definitely need it (FINALIK), and it's not terrible at the moment, so i think ill hold off until after the demo. I have about 6 weeks worth of work to cram in 2 already.

Awesome about the new changes.

The only other issue really is the fire delay on click, is that something inherent in UCC? or is that probably on my end? I click and it's probably .5 sec before the bullet fires.

I appreciate your responses. The demo is turning out pretty awesome.

That sounds like it's related to when the use event is being sent.. I don't think that there were as many changes to that so it should work in the version that you are using.

The demo is turning out pretty awesome.
I've seen your posts on Discord and your project is looking really good!