Issue with Can See Object Re-evaluating

WickedDev

Hello, sorry in advance if the post title isn't the correct terminology, I'm not exactly sure how to phrase it. Overall I have been loving the Opsive tools I purchased and they've all been working great, but I'm running into an issue with the behavior designer right now. I am in the preliminary stages of getting my game project set up and am currently working on basic AI. I have been able to get both Can See and Can Hear object tasks working independently, but for some reason when I put both of them under a selector I get some strange occurrences. After the target has been seen or heard, the enemy does this stutter-step as the behavior tree continuously fires, reverting back up to the wander/idle task I have on the previous line while also setting and unsetting the target in the Can See task. When either Can See or Can Hear is the only task in the same configuration without a selector, the tree runs fine. Also when they are both under a composite node, when the enemy actually does make it to my player, it ignores the Nav Mesh stop distance. I'll include a video below of the bug in action, any help or advice is much appreciated.

Here is also a screen grab of the behavior tree :
1629936926423.png

Thanks,
Cameron

Happy to hear that you're enjoying Behavior Designer.

If you want to reevaluate both Can See Object and Can Hear Object at the same time I recommend using the new Stacked Conditional task. This allows you to group multiple tasks into one and will allow both of those tasks to reevaluate at the same time. I suspect that either your Can See or Can Hear is not reevaluating correctly because you have them as separate tasks.

This sounds perfect Justin. I bought a bundle a while back containing the Behavior designer, Inventory manager, and UCC from the Opsive website, but I don't have this task in my list in the Behavior designer. How can I update it since it's not listed in my packages in the package manager in Unity? Can I re-download it somewhere from the Opsive website or is that Stacked Conditional task part of a specific asset pack?

Last edited:
If you go to your account on the Opsive Store page you can download the latest version :) It's included in Behavior Designer 1.7.