Is it possible to drive car on VR using opsive VR add on?

poiler22

I notice that the ultimate package come with driving ability which makes me curious if this is also possible on VR?

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
This idea sounds fun. I'm actually not sure if it will work. In theory the character should stay in the car, but you may need to move the head position manually to keep up with the car moving.

poiler22

This idea sounds fun. I'm actually not sure if it will work. In theory the character should stay in the car, but you may need to move the head position manually to keep up with the car moving.
But like how I am supposed to get into the car because in the opsive demo, it asked user to press R, but there is no "R" in vr controller.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
You can change the button mapping by selecting the ability and then changing the input name.

poiler22

You can change the button mapping by selecting the ability and then changing the input name.

I tried that by adding the drive ability to the First person character; however, I did not get what you mean by "changing the input name." By adding the ability when I press B, the first person character was inside the Car object,, but I wasn't able to do anything from that. It's right the problem was the input mapping. Could you please guide me?

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
If you got in the car then the ability is working. The SkyCar is taken from Unity's standard assets so you'll likely need to modify it's code a bit in order to work with the VR controllers that you are using.

poiler22

If you got in the car then the ability is working. The SkyCar is taken from Unity's standard assets so you'll likely need to modify it's code a bit in order to work with the VR controllers that you are using.

I noticed when I check the Car User Control script the car's wheels rotate but the entire car did not move; like the position did not update. Do you have any idea why?