Invisible caster HDRP

jackcrosa

The default shader does not work , I even tried lwrp and universal both don't work (duh!) , does anyone have any hdrp invisible caster shader ? Thanks !

Just giving you a heads up that HDRP isn't supported yet. It will be supported when HDRP adds support for modifying the stencil buffer.

I'm developing in HDRP and the fog gives a bug making buttom half of the screen blocked.

Well the only way that I could learn that UFPS don't work with HDRP is to purchase it so that I have an invoice number and can access the forums and find this tread. Is there a way that I can get a refund now? I can't use this script in its current form unless the fog issue is resolved.

Do you know if HDRP supports modifying the stencil buffer or camera stacking yet? I just looked but there doesn't seem to be a clear way like there is with URP yet. I'd love to add support for it as soon as it's possible, but right now it looks like it's a limitation of the HDRP.

Thank you for your response Justin,

The problem that I have is with the HDRP fog effect. Below is the simplest way to replicate the problem;

A brand new HDRP project (2019.4.0f1 LTS) -> add a UFPS character in the sample scene -> Play

Regardless of the height of the volumetric fog or enabling or disabling any of the options in the fog component, when the fog is enabled we will see the bottom half of the screen covered with a thick layer of fog. This is the fog component of the "Sky and Fog Volume" of the sample scene.

I have a lot to work on in my project and I'm really hopeful that in near future when I'll be starting to work on the atmospheric look of my game and the fog is important, this issue is resolved. Thank you in advance for your attention to this. If you need more information please let me know.

Attachments

• With-Fog-Disabled.gif
    With-Fog-Disabled.gif
    170.9 KB · Views: 13
  • With-Fog-Enabled.gif
    With-Fog-Enabled.gif
    128.7 KB · Views: 14
Yes the fog works correctly before importing and creating the UFPS player. I've put another simple controller script on the camera on a brand new HDRP project and the fog works without probelms. Simple camera controller of the base new sample scene of a HDRP project also works without problems.
HDRP fog is one of the most loved features of the HDRP and I don't think any environment designer can live without it. This problem was also mentioned in your discord channel with a similar screenshot.

There are two cameras added by default to the player. If you disable the First Person Camera GameObject, which is located underneath the main camera, does it work? I am thinking that the cause is related to camera stacking.

You are correct ! When I disabled the First Person Camera, the fog shows correctly in the play mode. Thank you Justin ?.
So is this how I should move forward? Will disabling the First Person Camera allow me to use the UFPS without any problems?

So are we saying that HDRP works by only as 3rd person for now. If so thats great I can live without fp until its able to be added later if this is the case. Will be testing this and let you know if I run into any issues.

So is this how I should move forward? Will disabling the First Person Camera allow me to use the UFPS without any problems?
It will, but any first person arms can clip. This is because HDRP doesn't support modifying the stencil buffer or stacked cameras. I am hoping that they will support this soon.

So are we saying that HDRP works by only as 3rd person for now. If so thats great I can live without fp until its able to be added later if this is the case. Will be testing this and let you know if I run into any issues.
That's correct - HDRP will be supported as soon as Unity adds stencil buffer modification support to it (similar to URP)

Those solutions require a custom shader but it's not a very general solution like the URP solution is so it doesn't work well for the Asset Store. You'd have to create a custom shader for each first person object, and then have to deal with the incompatibilities between HDRP versions.

Unity has gotten a lot of flack recently for the incompatibilities between render pipelines and hopefully they are starting to wake up. They really need something like a Surface Shader 2.0 that works with the different render pipelines.

The solution is pretty simple,there is a custom shader graph made by unity in their fps exemple that allow you to adjust the fov of the object separately from the camera just use that shader for the fps hands and weapon .
https://github.com › FPSSample
Unity-Technologies/FPSSample
I already posted this a while ago on opsive's discord if you need the exact name of the shader