Installation

Trying to install Deathmatch AI Kit using Third Person Controller (Legacy).

Getting these errors:
Assets\Third Person Controller\Demos\Network\Scripts\DemoNetworkManager.cs(9,39): error CS0012: The type 'NetworkManager' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'UnityEngine.Networking, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Assets\Third Person Controller\Demos\Network\Scripts\DemoNetworkManager.cs(14,48): error CS0012: The type 'NetworkManager' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'UnityEngine.Networking, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Assets\Third Person Controller\Demos\Network\Scripts\DemoNetworkManager.cs(14,48): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkConnection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Third Person Controller\Scripts\Wrappers\Character\NetworkMonitor.cs(7,35): error CS0012: The type 'NetworkBehaviour' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'UnityEngine.Networking, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Assets\Third Person Controller\Scripts\Wrappers\Game\NetworkEventManager.cs(7,40): error CS0012: The type 'NetworkManager' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'UnityEngine.Networking, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

What do I need to do?

That looks like you are using version 1 of the Third Person Controller, correct? Version 2 is currently required by the Deathmatch AI Kit. It will be updated for version 3 soon.

The errors that you posted are coming from version 1 of the Third Person Controller and not the Deathmatch AI Kit. The Deathmatch AI Kit requires version 2, and it will be updated for version 3. In the description it lists the three assets that the Deatmatch AI Kit currently works with.

If the code for the previous versions was still available to download I could fix the errors myself. Is that a possibility?

And in all fairness it says "Legacy Version" on the description page, not which legacy version. I actually thought I could use the Ultimate FPS controller, but it's the Ultimate Character Controller, or the First Person Controller, and specifically not the Ultimate First Person Controller, but it doesn't mention that this UFPS controller won't work on the description page. The description list links to obsolete pages with no information on ownership. Might be a little misleading?

Last edited:
If you send an email to support@opsive.com with your third person invoice I can send you the source code to version 1. I haven't tried it with the latest version of Unity so am not sure what it'll take to fix. The links point to which legacy version is used, but I can see how that could be confusing.