Input system - 'CharacterInput.cs' conflicts with imported type 'CharacterInputs.cs'

Gugbert

When installing the input system integration. I got a warning, which confused me a lot:

The type 'CharacterInput' in 'Q:\Unity\Projects\Pure UCC\Assets\Opsive\Shared\Input\InputSystem\CharacterInput.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'CharacterInput' in 'Opsive.Shared, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Using the type defined in 'Q:\Unity\Projects\Pure UCC\Assets\Opsive\Shared\Input\InputSystem\CharacterInput.cs'

The file 'Opsive\Shared\Input\InputSystem\CharacterInput.cs' is provided by the integration, but ( almost ) the same file is generated from the 'CharacterInput.inputactions' in another location ( 'Opsive/Shared/Integrations/CharacterInput.cs' ), see attachment.

If you change your input actions that cs-File is newly generated which is not used ( the one in the integartions folder )

Btw. it is always a better idea to work with your own copy of the .inputactions asset, so it is not overwritten if is updated by Opsive. ( But the warning remains... )

I think, either this file shouldn't be provided by the intgration due to the fact that it is generated. Or the the location where it is generated should be set to the location of the provided file.

Attachments

• input system.JPG
    input system.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the heads up. The integration location changed and it doesn't look like the auto generated file path also got changed. I'll update it.