Increase impact sound volume?

RobbieNI

Hi there,

Just a quick question from me.

Is there any way to increase the volume of sounds that are played with the impact effect of the surface system. I don't mean the min and max value on the actual surface impact scriptable object, but the actual audio source game object? I want the impact sounds to be quite pronounced so being able to increase the volume and 3D sound settings would be good.

I can see that they are using an audio source from the object pool but I'm not really sure how these link together and how I can specify which uses which. Eg. if that's just a general audio source that a lot of different systems use then adjusting the volume of those won't really work?

Any tips would be appreciated!

You can just add your own AudioSource to the game object within the scene. If an AudioSource already exists on the game object, then the surface impact will just use that AudioSource instead of adding a new one. This way you can have direct control over the AudioSource ahead of time.

Hey Andrew,

Sorry, which object would I add the source too, the actual impact effect prefab or the object the impact is hitting?

Actually I'm not 100% sure, but I think it should be the target object that is being hit.