Incontrol accessing actions

Nemesis7

Hello,

I 'am currently blocked because I can not access to the PlayerActionSet from the sample bindings to another script.

I tried to setup everything as it is showed in incontrol example and on their website.

However it does not work and I do not understand very well why.

What is the best way to access to the current binding with incontrol integration ? To rebind and have the binding on ui text.

I tried to put public my player action on the samplebindings file, didn't work because I can't use the CreateBindings()

I don't really know how it is connected with opsive system so I did not try to make a new script withotu dictionnary or using interface (to make as it is in the example).

Hope I write and explain correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Justin and thank you for this answer.
But I think I did not say correctly what I meant. I have no problem writing a binding and to make it work with incontrol api.

My problem is to make it work with the character controller bridge.

I created my binding file following incontrol instructions :

in1.JPG

in2.JPG

in3.JPG

Which works perfectly to rebind at runtime etc. But can not work with the Ibinding interface because I have to return something or use a void which is not possible to keep the rebinding possibility working and this way it of course can't work with incontrolInput...

I am pretty sure I am missing something obvious, but since 2 days now, I don't see what so that's why I post here, to see if you or someone can give me some light on that.

Thank you.

Which interface method are you referring to? CreateBindings returns a void, and GetInputControl returns IInputControl. IInputControl is an object within InControl and it represents the control for the inputted string. You will need to create both of these methods within your PersonnalBindings class. It looks like the logic within your constructor can be moved to the CreateBinding method. The SampleBindings class has a good example of both methods.

Thank you, I just needed that to understand actually...

Where my mind was blocked was how do I fullfill and access to a dictionnary with a static method (to use character controller with incontrol) and how, at the same time, can I have a void to use rebinding from incontrol (which uses static).

And of course I didn't come to the obvious : create another method to fullfill the dictionary from the static names... Until now.

Thank you again :D