IDriveSource Script and Realistic Car Controller.

NOSALIS

I'm following the Opsive documentation on Realistic Car Controller integration and am having trouble with the 'IDriveSource' script.

When I try to attach the script as a component I get the following message:

Uh-oh.png

But why though????

I've tried adding the component a variety of ways on the vehicle prefab, root object - nothing works.

OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION:

IDriveSource is an interface and not a component you cannot attach it to a GameObject. For RCC you'll want to attach the RCCDriveSource component instead.

That's what I was trying to do at first, but there is nothing with that name in the components list so I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

That's what I was trying to do at first, but there is nothing with that name in the components list so I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
The documentation states:

"Add a component to the vehicle that implements the IDriveSource interface."

I understand that the IDriveSource interface does - but I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be adding to the vehicle - as the player is the only object in my scene that has any direct relation to this interface.

The documentation states:

"Add a component to the vehicle that implements the IDriveSource interface."

I understand that the IDriveSource interface does - but I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be adding to the vehicle - as the player is the only object in my scene that has any direct relation to this interface.
I think that’s a typo, you want RCCdrivesource from the integration I believe. The component list does not show many of the Opsive components or scripts.

Phew, okay got that to work. Everything seems to be set up now but I can't enter any vehicles in play mode. I know they're set up correctly because I was able to get in and out of them with my last character controller and the enter/exit script that came with RCC.

Any ideas?

Phew, okay got that to work. Everything seems to be set up now but I can't enter any vehicles in play mode. I know they're set up correctly because I was able to get in and out of them with my last character controller and the enter/exit script that came with RCC.

Any ideas?
I haven’t used RCC specifically, but Edys Vehicle Physics. I know there are similarities, so grain of salt with my suggestions.
1: Make sure the ability is using the right layers, such as vehicle. Object Identifiers help a lot as there’s a limit to the collider detection per frame. With object identifier, make sure the ability has the right object ID to check.
2: Make sure the Move Towards stuff is setup correctly. Angle limits and distances, etc.
3: If possible, use the “teleport” completion to enter the vehicle to make sure it’s not an animation problem.

You mentioned last character controller. Not Opsive? If not, make sure the character layer manager is accurate to your needs. Also, increase the kinematic object manager values to match. Like starting objects and cameras in case the RCC has separate cams like Edys

You mentioned last character controller. Not Opsive? If not, make sure the character layer manager is accurate to your needs. Also, increase the kinematic object manager values to match. Like starting objects and cameras in case the RCC has separate cams like Edys
OH! I didn't set up the 'Move Towards' stuff. ? I'll hit that up next time I'm back in the project. I just bought like 40 assets during the spring sale and am probably trying to learn too many systems at once. Thanks for the tip! I have a hunch that getting those set up will be the solution. ?

OH! I didn't set up the 'Move Towards' stuff. ? I'll hit that up next time I'm back in the project. I just bought like 40 assets during the spring sale and am probably trying to learn too many systems at once. Thanks for the tip! I have a hunch that getting those set up will be the solution. ?
Absolutely! If you’re using Opsive, I recommend starting there and adding the add-ons then the integrations. Most stuff doesn’t require integrations, but I find it easier to see what I break in the controller first. The biggest culprits are scripts with hidden modifiers that change stuff that Opsive changes, usually layers.

I think that’s a typo, you want RCCdrivesource from the integration I believe. The component list does not show many of the Opsive components or scripts.
I'm having the same problem.
"Add a component to the vehicle that implements the IDriveSource interface." You can't add the script, so where/what is this "component" that implements the IDriveSource interface?
Is RCC "Realistic Car Controller?" Do I have to buy that?

That script is included in the integration. RCC is Realistic Car Controller and you only need to buy it if you want to use that asset. The SkyCar from the demo scene implements the interface.

Now, i get it. I need the RCC integration, but necessarily the RCC and I can download it when I find my order or invoice number