Huge Frame Rate Drop

nitrox32

Is there a reason why I would get a 25 frame drop with the addition of adding Nolan as an AI agent? Is this typical? He's not even moving around or has any AI attached. I'm also getting this warning when I add Nolan, could they be related?

Characters array resized. For best performance increase the size of the Start Character Count variable within the Deterministic Object Manager to a value of at least 2
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.DeterministicObjectManager:RegisterCharacterInternal(UltimateCharacterLocomotion) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/DeterministicObjectManager.cs:295)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.DeterministicObjectManager:RegisterCharacter(UltimateCharacterLocomotion) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/DeterministicObjectManager.cs:283)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:OnEnable() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:475)

UCC 2.02/Unity 2018.2.11f1

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Have you tried profiling? While I recommend doing what that warning says that won't be the bottleneck.

The profiler showed it was the Unity editor that was the problem. Increasing the Deterministic Object Manager did help but it turned out the Nvidia driver needed to be reinstalled. Running at 90fps now.:)

Last edited: