How to wait for animation to finish?

mostlyhuman

How would I setup a sequence to wait for an animation to finish (or finish a random number of times) before moving to the next task? Or would it be better to handle this sort of thing through a script?

Last edited:
I would accomplish this by either using the Wait for State task which waits for a specific state to be activated or by creating a new task that waits for a Unity animation event before it returns success.

I am trying the wait for state idea and im having an issue. All of the wait for states you see are set to wait for the Start state which is empty with no animation but it always stays stuck on the WaitForState task even though the animator will loop back to Start. Any ideas? Also, I have tried changing the sequence abort type on each of those bottom sequences to none.
waitForStateIssue.jpg

Last edited:
Got this sorted, had to change the default layer from -1, to 0. Which layer is considered -1? Its odd that the play animation will find the right state if the layer is -1 but the wait for state wont find it unless it is 0 (for the base layer).