How do I make the UCC based AI shoot a target with the bow & arrows (currently only aims or shoots once)

opsai

So, I want the bow to be equipped & ready to shoot by the AI by default. Other tutorials were a bit confusing to follow on this topic, so I tried the latest prototype tutorial.

So, I created a AI using TCC & added a behavior tree & then I add the Bow & Arrows in the inventory & added the ThirdPersonControllerBow to the Runtimepickup.

Now the character is holding the bow, but now I would like to know how to make the AI aim the bow & shoot the arrow.

I'm currently trying to do Set Aim Target & Start Stop Ability "Aim".

The character either aims or shoots(I don't know which it's doing) at the target once & doesn't bother doing it again even if I do a repeater. I tried many different things, but the character only aims or shoots once.

Edit: This only happens with the bow & arrows. With the same BT & Assault Rifle, the AI fires the gun just fine.

Last edited:
For the bow instead of using the charge and hold fire type you should use instant for an AI. For docs have you seen this page?

It gives an in depth look at what each task is doing for the integration.