How do Effects actually work?

SkobbejakGames

Trying to add a Shake/Earthquake Effect to my Camera. Cant find the place where it needs to be added as an available Effect as I cant drag the Shake script onto the camera. I'm trying to use the Start Stop Effect Playmaker Action however neither the Shake nor the Earthquake Effects are available.

Please any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated as the documentation seems to only give half the necessary information or outdated instructions?

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The Effects are added to the character rather than the camera. In the demo scene you can see all of the effects listed within the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.

SkobbejakGames

Thanks for the clarification Justin. However, the Boss Stomp as well as the Shake Effects seems to be missing from the Start Stop Effect Playmaker action's drop down list and I cant seem to access the Effects via the Playmaker action. The respective Effects do however show in the Start Effect drop downs on the Locomotion component. I know I can call it manually via a seperate script as indicated in the documentation, but I just wanted to check why the Playmaker action doesnt want display any of the Effects in the drop down list for the appropriate action?

SkobbejakGames

Also, I cant seem to figure out how to add, configure and trigger an effect exactly. The Character in the Demo Scene doesnt seem to have any Effects added to it by default and I cant add the Shake script to the character as the error message states it needs to be derived. I cant find it on any of the ability drop downs, all I can find is the Start Effect Event drop down but that only triggers the effect, I dont know hopw to add it to the character and configure its parameters. The documentation also doesnt explain the setup process, only the triggering process.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
All of the effects are under the Effects dropdown within the Ultimate Character Locomotion component. It's under the Item Abilities foldout. In the demo scene the Nolan character has four effects added to it and there is an effects room which give an example of the effects.