How can I move the asset to a non-root directory?

epiphanyatnight

I have a "Packages" folder where I keep all my third-party assets and would like to move BD there as well. But when I do, I get this error:
Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 3.5.0-dev-20359-01 (8da8ba0c)
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS2001: Source file 'D:\GAMEDEV\BT Tests\Designer/Editor/BehaviorDesigner.Editor.dll' could not be found.
error CS2001: Source file 'D:\GAMEDEV\BT Tests\Designer/Runtime/BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.dll' could not be found.
Is it not possible to move the asset to a non-root directory? Do I have to keep it in the root?

Behavior Designer can be moved to any directory. That error looks like some sort of caching issue so maybe if you delete the library folder and reimport it'll work.

I have a "Packages" folder where I keep all my third-party assets and would like to move BD there as well. But when I do, I get this error:

Is it not possible to move the asset to a non-root directory? Do I have to keep it in the root?

I tried to do that a long time ago with all third party assets... Unity won't handle it nicely. (Perhaps it'll run okay, but the pain will come when you have to update an asset)

It's better to just create new folder that contains all your game assets, and leave third party assets in the root folder. Something like this:

1625608050328.png
(You can set an _ so your game folder appears first.)

1625608078741.png

It's just a suggestion :)