Having trouble getting Dodge to work

Taiyri

I recently grabbed the agility pack because I wanted to give my player the ability to dodge while I try and figure out a solution to my block problem. However, I can't seem to get the dodge function to work properly. I have turned off the Require Aim and Require Target checkboxes because I don't want those to be a requirement but I can't seem to get the dodge animation to fire.

Do I need to change the Input Name? If so, what would I change it to so that a double tap of a movement key will initiate a dodge?

Edit: I think I found the setting I am looking for. I have checked Double Movement Start, set the Start Type to Automatic as suggested but I'm still not getting a dodge. When I double tap in a direction, I can see the dodge ability becomes active but it doesn't play and then becomes stuck and the character can't move. :(

2nd Edit: It seems that if I jump, I can get out of the Dodge state and can begin moving again, but still no dodge.

Last edited:
To get started, does dodge work correctly in the demo scene? Have you tried using the same settings as what that ability uses?

I opened up a blank project and imported UCC and the agility demo because I was having issues getting the agility demo to work in my normal project but I still can't get the agility demo to work. I press play and I am unable to choose first or 3rd person to start it off. I can click the icons and they light up like they are registering the interaction but nothing happens.

Edit: Disregard the demo issues, forgot to setup the project input and layer settings. Now I'll try and see if dodge works in the demo like it should.

Edit 2: Dodge works like it should in 1st person mode but I can't seem to switch to 3rd person mode for some reason to test it in 3rd person.

Edit3: Apparently when I imported UCC, it didn't import everything. Even though I didn't de-select everything which is mildly annoying. If it works normally in 3rd person with the settings the same in the demo, is there anything in particular that I should check? I haven't modified any animations or code for Opsive and the only settings I've changed on the character were in reference to collider tag and the animation speed for the sword attack.

Final Edit: I ended up removing the ability and then re-adding it, and it works now. I must have broken something when I first turned on the double tap and didn't set the start to automatic.

Last edited:
Sorry, this came up as first option on Google and I thought that might be better to add mine here instead of opening a new one,

I cannot get dodge ability to work, it works perfectly in the demo but in another scene it never does, even if I copy the "Ultimate Character Locomation" values Dodge does not work outside the demo scene and I can't see why, I tried changing the different options (like require Target) but it doesn't seem to make a different, in the code I see that it is returning "true" when executing Dodge.cs method "CanStartAbility", so it is being called correctly, but not sure what else I should be looking for

1647276625253.png1647276654727.png

If CanStartAbility is returning true then the ability should be starting. Does the animator update with the ability index values?

God that was it, the animator is different, no idea why I assumed that the animations would just be added to the UltimatecharacterController one, all good now