Hanging, transfer up

anthi65

Hi,

I've encountered an issue with transfer up where it sometimes keeps climbing automatically(forever), regardless if there is a ledge to hang from or not.

Any ideas?

the attached picture is the character after climbing in the air for about 30 seconds. It happens intermittently.

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG
    374.9 KB · Views: 0

anthi65

hmm, read through it but the in position shimmy did solve the double transfer to the right and left(y), but the character keep transfering up indefinitely if he reaches a ledge that isn't perfectly aligned with the hands

Last edited:
hmm, read through it but the in position shimmy did solve the double transfer to the right and left(y), but the character keep transfering up indefinitely if he reaches a ledge that isn't perfectly aligned with the hands

*edit*
also noticed that all values for min and max start offset is changing once you start climbing, going back to same numbers no matter what I set them to
I just tried this and can vouch for this, it's not working and here is the video proof:

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The offset values changing could be a problem. In the demo scene the state system is used to set the offset values while the character is in the air. Maybe you have a preset setting the default values?

Also, the hang up does a different check than transfer left/right. On line 574 of Hang.cs you could change:

Code:
                                    (m_HangState == HangState.TransferUp ? m_CharacterLocomotion.ColliderSpacing * 2 : m_InPositionShimmyDistance)) {
to
Code:
                                    m_InPositionShimmyDistance) {

So it'll always use the shimmy distance and not the collider.

anthi65

Haven't tried it yet, but I'll do once I rotate back to character movement again. Thanks for your suggestions!