Hang/Ledge Strafe issues

kenny_is_human

Hello, Opsive team!

I have recently started using the Agility Pack and found a couple of issues with Hanging and Ledge Strafing.

1a. Hanging Dismount (from up a ledge to hang):

- While spamming jump/use (during hang down animation) your character ends up in a state where Yaw is not taken at all into account resulting in you not being able to move left/right. You cannot recover from this one unless you somehow manage to go up the ledge again and properly start the hanging animation.

1.b Hanging Mount (from down a ledge to hang, pictured below):

- While spamming jump/use your character can end up in a state where he is grounded but can only move left/right. You can recover from this one by jumping.

1b.png 1b

2. While Ledge Strafing, pressing "use" will result in the character trying to walk inside the wall. Not recoverable (pictured below 2.png). Additionally, pressing "use" closer to the start of the ledge crashes the game with the following error (pictured below 3.png).

2.png 2

3.PNG 3

Stack trace:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0) System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0) Opsive.Shared.Game.GameObjectExtensions.GetCachedComponents[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject) (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.Agility.Hang.GetMoveTowardsLocations () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Add-Ons/Agility/Scripts/Hang.cs:390) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStartAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability, System.Boolean ignorePriority, System.Boolean ignoreCanStartCheck) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1174) Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.MoveTowards.MoveTimeout () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/MoveTowards.cs:442) Opsive.Shared.Game.ScheduledEvent.Invoke () (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0) Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase.Invoke (Opsive.Shared.Game.ScheduledEventBase scheduledEvent, System.Int32 index) (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0) Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase.Update () (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0)

Are these issues known and should we work around them using states or some other mechanisms, or is this something else?

Thank you

- While spamming jump/use (during hang down animation) your character ends up in a state where Yaw is not taken at all into account resulting in you not being able to move left/right. You cannot recover from this one unless you somehow manage to go up the ledge again and properly start the hanging animation.
I am not able to reproduce this. So you are pressing the jump button as you a transferring down from one ledge to another? Does the same thing happen if you do a horizontal transfer?

While spamming jump/use your character can end up in a state where he is grounded but can only move left/right. You can recover from this one by jumping.
At what point are you spamming the jump/use button?

2. While Ledge Strafing, pressing "use" will result in the character trying to walk inside the wall. Not recoverable (pictured below 2.png). Additionally, pressing "use" closer to the start of the ledge crashes the game with the following error (pictured below 3.png).
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this either. For this you are just pressing the left mouse button while in an idle strafe, correct?

Hi, Justin!

I uploaded some videos detailing the problems. Videos are unlisted and will be deleted ASAP.

I am not able to reproduce this. So you are pressing the jump button as you a transferring down from one ledge to another? Does the same thing happen if you do a horizontal transfer?

I am pressing the "F"/jump button while transferring from the top of the ledge to a hanging state.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this either. For this you are just pressing the left mouse button while in an idle strafe, correct?

Same as above, I press "F" immediately after starting the ledge strafe.

Thanks, that should help. I was pressing Fire1/Jump and in the wrong area so that's why I wasn't able to reproduce it. I can now. I will get these fixed in the next update. If it's a small code change I'll just paste it here.

We don't have a public tracking site but I was able to fix this. It required a couple of files to be changed so will be in the next update which should be early next week.