Hang ability not detecting flat shapes ?

Cheo

Hello, I've been trying over and over to have my character detect and hang on to a simple rectangular shape, to no avail, even though there were no problems with the ledges included in the Agility demo scene. But I then created a simple ledge in pro builder and pushed back its lower front edge a little and it was possible to detect and hang on to it ! I find this abnormal, couldn't it be possible to have this ability working on ledges with flat fronts ? Thanks in advance.

I have had issues with ProBuilder's colliders as well. When they generate they never seem to be in the location that you think that they are. If you don't use ProBuilder it should work.

This is not about ProBuilder, I initially tried with basic cube shape with the same proportion as the demo ledges and they still can't be detected by the character. Can you create a simple ledge from a cube with an object identifier of 104 and get it detected just like the demo ledges on your side ?

I tested against a cube and it worked. It sounds like some of your raycast settings may be off - you could enable the debug raycasts to see where it is casting the ray.

ProBuilder's colliders are off sometimes though so I wouldn't test against that. I'm not sure what it is generating but we used it a lot to block out the adventure kit and switching it to regular colliders works better.

I still can't get the Nolan character from the Agility demo to detect a default cube, it is perhaps worth noting that it remains sometimes possible to hang on to it by jumping in its direction, as well as to detect it and hang on to it when standing on top of it. Anyway here are his hang settings : (I changed nothing except the draw debug lines box)

Capture d’écran (394).png

Did you manage to do it in the demo scene ? And either way, could you please show a screenshot of your hang settings as well ? Thanks for your time.