Get/Set field for HolsterTarget and a few requests

timfrench

Firstly, as I need to be able to relocate various weapon on the character from time to time, I added the following to the ThirdPersonPerspectiveItem script.
[NonSerialized] public Transform HolsertTarget { get { return m_HolsterTarget; } set { m_HolsterTarget = value; } }

I was hoping you would be willing to include this in future releases so I don't need to re-add it each time the software is updated.

Additionally, I'm looking for the following, which may have already been requested.

- Option to NOT drop consumable items when the weapon is dropped (ie: bullets). I'd rather not change the existing Item script.
- Option to Drop an item type on pickup of the same item type. (ie: I have an assault weapon equipped and if I choose to pickup another assault weapon the current one is dropped automatically).

Animations: (Could be part of an extended group like the swim set)

- Ladder climb (Similar to what you had in your previous third person controller - ladders, vines, pipes)
- Zip line (two arm or single arm with handgun use).
- Short climb. (For objects higher than vault height but shorter than the Hang animation can provide)
- Cover (take cover against objects or corners of buildings)

I've read that animations for vehicle enter/exit etc is coming and that's great.

Thanks again for all the efforts you and team make.

[NonSerialized] public Transform HolsertTarget { get { return m_HolsterTarget; } set { m_HolsterTarget = value; } }
Changed!

- Option to NOT drop consumable items when the weapon is dropped (ie: bullets). I'd rather not change the existing Item script.
Added to my list.

- Option to Drop an item type on pickup of the same item type. (ie: I have an assault weapon equipped and if I choose to pickup another assault weapon the current one is dropped automatically).
This will be possible with integration with our upcoming inventory system asset. The current inventory is extremely barebones and I'm trying to keep it that way. If you don't want to purchase our new inventory asset version 2.2 will make it easier to make complex inventories.

- Ladder climb (Similar to what you had in your previous third person controller - ladders, vines, pipes)
- Zip line (two arm or single arm with handgun use).
- Short climb. (For objects higher than vault height but shorter than the Hang animation can provide)
- Cover (take cover against objects or corners of buildings)
I have those abilities on my list, no ETA though. There's not enough time in the day :)