FullBodyBipedIK Bug with leftHandEffector.positionOffset

JohnG

FullBodyBipedIK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionOffset

Changing the above variable shows a change in late update debugs however he effect is not visible on the character.

Here is the late update code in question. It is in a custom script added to character.

C#:
Debug.Log("before: " + characterIK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionWeight + " " + characterIK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionOffset + " " + leftHandPosOffset2);

characterIK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionWeight = 0f;

characterIK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionOffset += leftHandPosOffset2;

Debug.Log("after: " + characterIK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionWeight + " " + characterIK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionOffset + " " + leftHandPosOffset2);

here are the debugs:

leftHandPosOffset2 = (0,0,0)

before: 0 (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
after: 0 (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

after making change to leftHandPosOffset2 = (0.1,0,0)
before: 0 (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) (0.1, 0.0, 0.0)
after: 0 (0.1, 0.0, 0.0) (0.1, 0.0, 0.0)

Things to note:

1. Works perfectly without UCC.
  2. For offset to work, positionweight must be 0;

Last edited:
Does the position offset correctly get set within the bridge? The bridge does not expose the weight so it'll use the values that you have setup. Also looking at the tooltip for position offset:

The position offset in world space. positionOffset will be reset to Vector3.zero each frame after the solver is complete.

Also, are you using the latest version of the bridge component? It was updated in version 2.2.8.

Does the position offset correctly get set within the bridge? The bridge does not expose the weight so it'll use the values that you have setup. Also looking at the tooltip for position offset:
What tooltip?

I added the code to the bridge and its partly working, however when you move the character the offset behaves in an unexpected way.
I added my code just before this line in the bridge:
m_FullBodyBipedIK.solver.Update();

As per the images:

Orig

repos1.png

Orig (Altered offset)
repos2.png

Aiming (Altered offset)
repos3.png

Aiming different direction (Altered offset)

repos4.png

The hand positions change when the character changes direction (offset is still the same, and this also happens when not aiming).

The behaviour that I would expect is that the hands should stay relative to the weapon no matter what direction the character is facing.

That's the FinalIK tooltip for positionOffset.

The positionOffset within the bridge is meant for recoil or any 'extra' positioning, not necessarily to position the hands.
ok thanks. I am once again moving in another direction to solve hand issues. I really need to stop running around in circles and just choose a solution and stick with it. I'm forgiving myself this time thou as I am integrating UIS.

The hand solution I am going to focus on is LimbIk, it works a lot better than the FBBIK and opsive non dominant hand ik target solution. The issue I had last time on limbik was hand jitter, however that seems to have mysteriously dissapeared (my least favourite thing to happen). The only thing I am stuck on with limbik is related to inventory event listeners, which is a question ive asked in another thread.