FPS Mesh Tool

I am attempting to make some FPS arms and am attempting to use the FPS Mesh tool. When I create a character with my FPSMesh the whole character becomes invisible when I go into first person. Is there something in the character controller that is forcing the use of the invisible texture? Even when I remove the FPSMesh Material controller scripts my model still goes invisible so I am thinking something in the UCC is doing it.
Please help with making FPS arms with the FPSMesh tool.
Thanks

I haven't tried the FPSMesh tool integration yet but can you successfully setup a character with the included Nolan character/arms? This should give you a foundation for how to setup the character, which you can then use FPSMesh tool.

Yes I can and have done the complete setup with the Nolan Arms.
Ok When looking a little closer at what is happening I see that when I go into First person mode and InvisibleShadowCaster material is being applied to my entire model when I go into first person mode. It looks like it is overriding what the FPSMesh tool is trying to do. Where can I turn this off? I dont think this happened before I used the FPSMesh as my character. I removed all the FPSMesh scripts and it still applies this material. Also The InvisibleShadowCaster material is located in the ultimate character controllers folder. This is why I assume it is something in UCC doing it. Where can I turn this off?

Last edited:
The InvisibleShadowCastor material get applied to any object that has the ThirdPerson component on it. This component should only be added to the GameObjects that should disappear when in first person mode (the arms, head).

Im not applying it manually. I started a fresh scene and and is being applied on its own and making my character invis while in first person. How can I turn this feature off or what script applies it so I can edit it?

If you remove the ThirdPerson component then it won't swap the materials. This component is added to any "Third Person Objects" that you specify within the Character Manager:

1544643098895.png