FPS mesh tool Information request

rostom

Hello Justin, hello opsive community can anyone please help me out with:
- how to properly integrate FPS mesh tool with UFPS2 first person controller ?
-What is UCC and UMA?
-How can i get access to the arms that FPS mesh tool generate from the base model in order to custom annimate them ?

Thank you.

- how to properly integrate FPS mesh tool with UFPS2 first person controller ?
The FPS Mesh Tool developer created a video for UCC. You can follow the same steps with UFPS:

-What is UCC and UMA?
This is independent of FPS Mesh Tool and for now I wouldn't use UMA - I'd focus on getting your character going with just FPS Mesh Tool. UMA is at: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/uma-2-unity-multipurpose-avatar-35611

-How can i get access to the arms that FPS mesh tool generate from the base model in order to custom annimate them ?
You can assign an animator to the created mesh just like the nolan arms in the demo scene.

Thank you Sir for replying and clearifying most of questions, i really appreciate it.
Let me just point out that Cameron Oltmann videos are not so helpfull and Cameron Oltmann himself is not so respensive and in all his videos there is not a single example or demenstration of using the seperated hands in UFPS.
So i am just going to request this from you Mr Justin if you are kind enough to show, explain it yourself, or point out any other place or source of information on how to setup FPS Mesh Tool with UFPS.
Thank you very much.

You should be able to follow that same video for UFPS even though it says the Ultimate Character Controller - the workflow is the same. Here's another video though by a different community member:

Sir i have already watched this video and whoever posted this is actually repporting a problem with fps mesh tool.
Now am definately a beginer in Game Dev unniverse but i am a very fast learner ( my future depends on making this work), am just going to record a short video so that maybe you can help me out with how or what to adjust to make the fps mesh tool arms stick in correct position, is it;
-the position spring
-Rotation spring
-Pivot position spring
Or Pivot rotation spring?

There you go Mr Justing this is a link to a video i just recorded i hope this can demonstrate what am strugling with:
the character is from MIXAMO and am using UFPSDemo Animator to make the arms actually animate because they don't work with UFPSarmsdemo animator.

It looks like you're adjusting the correct properties, it's just that when you change to a different state (zoom, crouch, etc) the position is incorrect. You can use the state system to adjust the values when a particular state is active. Take a look at this page for an overview:

Hello again Justin, i just reached to Codebison with this concern and he said the set of arms that FPS mesh tool generates are Humanoid and UFPS2 uses Generic sets of arms, and only you can help me sort this out (especially the fact that they are not properly working with the state system).

Also if possible; how can i use sets of arms i seperated NOT with fps mesh tool, but in blender then i imported them to unity and set them to generic and set my arms prefab parameters to be simillar to NolanFirstPersonArms but they didn't Animate.

please Help am running out of ideas. Thank you

Also if possible; how can i use sets of arms i seperated NOT with fps mesh tool, but in blender then i imported them to unity and set them to generic and set my arms prefab parameters to be simillar to NolanFirstPersonArms but they didn't Animate.
You will need to provide your own set of animations with your generic rig since Unity cannot retarget generic animations. Take a look at this page for more info:

You can still use the state system with the humanoid mesh created by FPSMeshTool though - the fact that the animator is humanoid is independent of the state system.

Dear Justing, i realy appreciated your efforts trying to find a sollution to this situation, thank you for that. I just seperated the arms from a 3D model in blender, i've made them some basic annimations and i've tried them with Unity and UFPS; the result was a surprise to me at least; they worked straight away with UFPS STATE SYSTEM, and i didn't have to thouch a single pivot parameter because they where positioned corectly from the begining
(A thousand times better and easier to work with, than FPS's mesh tool Arms)
With all due respect allow me to tell you Mr Justin that buying FPS mesh tool for me, was a waste of money and moreover a waste of time.

Thanks again Sir.

Glad you got it working!

I wouldn't say that FPS Mesh Tool was a waste of time/money. You may need it in the future, and it's good to have a broader understanding of how everything can fit together. There's no one way to do things and FPS Mesh Tool is just another tool that you can use.