FPS Hand Gap/Seams and other animation oddities

Matt

I've noticed that some of the FPS mode weapons, like the Sniper Rifle have some of the seams visible. See the screenshot below for what I mean.

You can replicate this by jumping and falling with the Sniper Rifle in the demo scene and paying close attention to Nolan's left upper arm/shoulder area. When he's falling you'll notice a gap between the camera and his actual arm mesh.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention. It just seems the shoulder/upper arm seam where it was cut from the model gets in front of the camera, so you have a gap that is visible. (And yes, the scene is not lightmapped. I kinda like this appearance, I call it "Opsive didn't pay the demo bunker electricity bill". ?

Thanks - I'll get this fixed for the next version. It looks like the position offset needs to be slightly adjusted.

I'm also going to use this thread to consolidate some other issues I've noticed.

Another seam/gap issue can be seen when using Nolan's melee animation, when he punches with his right hand you can see some of his left shoulder clipping in.

This seems to be a unintended thing, but you can switch to and from weapons while zoomed in. This causes an issue with the same Sniper Rifle where the Sniper Rifle UI doesn't get the memo to enable itself, and you end up with no UI until you actually release the right mouse button. So everything does work without error, just the UI doesn't correctly get the memo.

You can also reload the weapon while zoomed in. This looks odd in first person. I don't believe any shooter has done that, usually if you're reloading in FPS while zoomed, the controller will force you out of the zoom state, the reload will happen, then the zoom state will return as expected.

I agree with Matt, reloading should disable zoom.

Also, perhaps a little off topic, but in the demo scene, the rocket launcher leaves behind a particle when you fire it.