Formation pack - followers not join when formation not move

Quaid

On sample Formation Dynamic Group when I change catchup speed, formation speed and full speed to 9 for all agents then some followers stay in start position and not join group. I would expect followers to reach leader destination.

I'm not completely following - can you tell me how to reproduce the problem within the demo scene?

Steps to reproduce
  1. Open Behavior Designer Formations\Scene\scene
  2. Select Agent1
  3. Find behaviour name 'Dynamic Group' and click open
  4. On Behaviour Designer select task Circle
  5. Change Circle variables:
    1. Full speed to 9
    2. Formation speed to 9
    3. Catchup speed to 9
  6. Repeat step 2 to 5 for all agents on scene
  7. Click Run scene
  8. Switch to 'Dynamic Group' and wait few seconds
Try to run step 8 few times. 90% of times selected agents never join group
Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 08.00.07.png

Thanks. The dynamic group example waits 8 seconds before the other agents join. Because the speed of the agents is increased the other agents don't have a chance to join yet. When I changed the wait to 4 seconds the agents started to fill in correctly.

Can you fix case with wait 8 seconds when agents not join? I have such case when I spawn a unit when group already reached it's destination.

At that point the group has arrived at the destination so the task has completed and is no longer listening for any events. In that situation you could send an event to all of the agents from the leader indicating that they have arrived and the follower should instead just move to the destination instead of forming a group.