Flashlight on 2 weapons

MissBig

Hi, I have a normal flashlight with a melee attack working but was just wondering is there a way to have 2 weapons using the same battery slider UI. Because I also have an assault rifle with a flashlight which still works great but I have to use different UI sliders though. I have tried to put 2 attribute monitors on the same slider but it doesn't work and since you have to assign the item to the attribute manager it will not work. Both weapons have it so I can press the f key to toggle the flashlight on/off.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
The Attribute Monitor assumes that it has complete control over the UI attribute and not sharing with another monitor. For this situation could you have two slide GameObjects in the same location and enable/disable them when you activate the different weapons you activate the individual slider?

MissBig

The Attribute Monitor assumes that it has complete control over the UI attribute and not sharing with another monitor. For this situation could you have two slide GameObjects in the same location and enable/disable them when you activate the different weapons you activate the individual slider?
I did that but what I wanted them to use is the same one so if I was using the flashlight and then switched to the assault rifle it would stay at the same value. What I'm doing is the player is going to have to pick up batteries but I don't want them to have to pick up assault rifle batteries as well.