First Person Vehicle issue

Strahd

I have tested this on multiple LTS Unity releases dating back to 2019... The asset did not do this be before, but after some time on Discord it seems others are having the same problem.
I am using the First Person Controller. After entering the car and driving, the camera starts shaking/moving erratically causing a lot of weird clipping - making it basically useless. I have a Geforce 2080. I think this one of the cool features of the controller I was drawn to. No one on the Discord seems to have an answer - but others have experienced the issue.

Is there a quick fix? I plan on integrating NWH Vehicle Physics anyway, but it'd be nice to have the original working.

I have tested this on multiple LTS Unity releases dating back to 2019... The asset did not do this be before, but after some time on Discord it seems others are having the same problem.
I am using the First Person Controller. After entering the car and driving, the camera starts shaking/moving erratically causing a lot of weird clipping - making it basically useless. I have a Geforce 2080. I think this one of the cool features of the controller I was drawn to. No one on the Discord seems to have an answer - but others have experienced the issue.

Is there a quick fix? I plan on integrating NWH Vehicle Physics anyway, but it'd be nice to have the original working.

Thanks for raising this issue. Just for the future, the Discord is more to reach out to the community, while the forum is your connection to get dev support.

Does the issue also occur in the demo scene, and if yes, how can we reproduce it?

It happens in the demo scene with a fresh install, or otherwise. Everything else works fine. Others on the discord have had the problem though. I've tried it on several different versions of Unity.

I can make a video, I don't have to do anything other than do a fresh install... enter the vehicle, hit drive. The camera immediately starts moving crazily and parts of the car model flash in and out. I've installed it before the latest update, and it didn't have this issue.

Have you tried testing it with a fresh install using the latest version? I just tested it and wasn't able to reproduce any jitter when in a first person view.

Edit: I merged your threads. I just tested it with only the First Person Controller and was able to reproduce the issue. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have it fixed in the next update.

Last edited: