First Person Sword

Rene

I have setup third person sword and the attack as shown in the UCC Melee Weapon Setup...and it appears to be working...however

the first person view does not move my right arms when i attack with the sword...

Just to mention i am using the UIS for inventory and the integration with UCC..

Can you offer suggestion to animate my first person arms...

I am using SYNTY model and not Nolan...

not sure where to post this question either?

Sorry if it is in the wrong forum topic...

i also noticed that the sword does not appear under the items game objects either in the first or third or just the items game object within the hierarchy when the game is not running...not sure what is going on here

sorry i wrote this post while trying to follow the melee weapon setup video and trying to set up the trail component

the sword appears in the hiearchy only in runtime mode

i checked on the UCC/UIS demo and the Item game object does not have a child until runtime also...so how do you put a trail on the sword?

In pure UCC you would usually pre-load all your items under your character. But since UIS is more inventory focused pre-loading all possible items under the character does not make sense. So items are added dynamically when added in the inventory.

To my understanding the Trail is a child of the Sword Item. So you should be able to add it to the prefab of the Sword such that it spawns at runtime with the trail included.

As for the first person arms not animating I would suspect you did not set the animation fields of the weapon correctly. Make sure to read the documentation thoroughly: https://opsive.com/support/document...controller/items/actions/usable/melee-weapon/

yes you are so quick to understand what i am trying to say...you have helped me greatly...thnak you!

i will try reading the documentation also over again...i have read it but not within this context but rather from one end to the other like a book.

i forget where to dig in the documentation in the middle of my problem but i will try to understand it again...

Thank you for turning my head in the right direction but not solving it...i want to solve it so i will remember how to fix these issues...

@Rene Justin just confirmed that you may not be able to set up a trail for you weapon just yet. We'll add an update that fixes that in the next update:
The trail location is unable to be set with a runtime pickup. In the next update I will add the ability to specify an Object Location, similar to the bottom of this page:

Sorry for the inconvenience

I might need help here because I have reread the documentation and watched the video suggested by Andrew however I am so lost how to animate the first person arms!

i really Need direction please...please help!

I used FPS Mesh Tool to create the FPS arms

I then used the Nolan FPS arms animator

is this where I erred?

I did that because when I created the my third person character I used the demo animator and it worked for prototyping

I know your document says to make your own but for quick prototype I thought I could do same for the FP arms

maybe this is my error

I have so much to learn

I finally watch your FPS MESH TOOL video and there you teach that the arms can use the demo animator instead of the Nolan first person arms animator

wow so much to learn