FinalIK Bridge Component brake the jump ability and few other things.

Soulriver

When I add the FinalIK Bridge component to player character, jump ability doesn't work as intended. Without the bridge it works fine. I'm using OPSIVE Animator Controller.

When hit the jump key player perform the jump and fall animation super fast and doesn't even go up. After increasing jump force (like double it) player go up but still the animation looks weird. (It's look like gravity increased. Player fall so fast.) Also sometimes player doesn't even jump up at all. I tried with and without root motion too. Also when using the Bridge look sensitivity decrease a lot. Is there a reason why this happens?

I accidently pressed solved button. I'm not sure if it is reversible. I'm still looking for a solution. Thanks.

Last edited:
The FinalIK integration uses Update instead of FixedUpdate so you'll need to adjust the jump forces to account for the new update time.

Then there is another issue,

Low framerate cause player jump way high and High framerate cause jump low. I can cap the framerate, example to 60. And this fix jump low. But if the target device has below 60fps, example 30fps. Then character jump too high.

You should set your target framerate when using the Update method. This will ensure the character behaves consistently.