FinalIK and UCC Interaction System

Roverboef

Hey guys!

I've just started a project with UCC and FinalIK and I'm really impressed so far! I'm using the standard character setup, made with the Character Manager. I'm using FinalIK and UCC's Interaction system to make a character which can open a door by interacting with it. FinalIK places the character's hand on the doorknob and the door plays an animation where it swings open.

However I've ran into a problem when using the Ability IK Target component, which is required when using FinalIK with UCC. I can't seem to get the Interpolation Duration and Duration variables to work. No matter what kind of values I enter, my character's hand will just move to the Interaction Target with the same speed and move back as soon as the destination has been reached. I would like my character's hand to stay on the IK position for the time specified in the Duration field.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Glad you are enjoying the character controller!

The interpolation duration variable is used by Unity's IK system but not the FinalIK integration. The FinalIK integration uses FinalIK's InteractionSystem component to move the limb towards the specified position.
No matter what kind of values I enter, my character's hand will just move to the Interaction Target with the same speed and move back as soon as the destination has been reached. I would like my character's hand to stay on the IK position for the time specified in the Duration field.
If you place a breakpoint within Interact.SetIKTarget does the SetIKTarget method get called again after the duration specified? This should reset the target back to a null value after ikTarget.Duration.

If you place a breakpoint within Interact.SetIKTarget does the SetIKTarget method get called again after the duration specified? This should reset the target back to a null value after ikTarget.Duration.

The target does get reset, but it does not happen after the time specified in the ikTarget.Duration variable. Rather it seems to consistently happen after half a second or so.