Final IK + Puppet Master

Klin

Hi there,

I read several threads in this forum regarding the integration with puppet master & final IK.
E.g.

The big problem with using both integrations is, that puppet master requires fixed update but the final IK bridge only allows normal update loop.

When I comment out all the aim ik stuff in the bridge for instance, as mentioned in the thread above, than aim ik is not working at all. When I leave it, I get the stuttering because of the different update loops.

But only when the character stands still. When the camera is rotating, it works fine. That makes me think there has to be something I can do to maybe fix that?

Thanks!

PuppetMaster and FinalIK integration together are on my list of things to look at. I have not been able to look at it yet. If you find a solution before I do definitely let us know!

PuppetMaster and FinalIK integration together are on my list of things to look at. I have not been able to look at it yet. If you find a solution before I do definitely let us know!
- Looking forward to it, would be awsome!

- Highly unlikely but sure I would.

UCC together with Final IK caused a lot of jittering for the character.

For the moment I could resolve the jittering with changing the KinematicObjectManager.cs.
I simply put all the stuff from FixedUpdate() into Update().

Please let me know in case you are allready forseeing problems incoming with this approach since I don't have a lot of programming experience and certainly don't like to touch those core-scripts at all.

If not, I'm happy for the moment because it seems to work :)

Regards.

Very interested in this, too.

You can actually just use both integrations as they are, you don't even need the FinalIK bridge.

Use the Opsive/Puppetmaster tool, set PuppetMaster Mode to Kinematic (so physics won't get corrupted) and UCC Update Mode to Update.

Hum, thanks for the tip. I tried it but in my case is worse;

With Active, the character shakes up and down on the chest zone, (a bit like a graphic bug, not messing with gameplay) but with kinematic all the character shakes trying to sit and get up on miliseconds, shaking the camera crazy, (Animate physics). And without animate physics, of course then puppet master don't work.

Maybe is something in my configuration. Anyway, I'm not in a rush, there is a lot of parameters to check so...

Hum, thanks for the tip. I tried it but in my case is worse;

With Active, the character shakes up and down on the chest zone, (a bit like a graphic bug, not messing with gameplay) but with kinematic all the character shakes trying to sit and get up on miliseconds, shaking the camera crazy, (Animate physics). And without animate physics, of course then puppet master don't work.

Maybe is something in my configuration. Anyway, I'm not in a rush, there is a lot of parameters to check so...
If it's shaking like that, it has most probably something to do with a collider in your rig.

I think I'm making a mistake at some very basic level.

After very extensive testing.... And without puppetmaster on the character, problem was Final IK and Animated physics. (Needed for Puppetmaster even if in Kinematic, in order to work well when activated.) Nothing to do with colliders.

Very summarized: The problem is having the Final IK and Animated Physics on. Puppetmaster doesn't have anything to do, as I checked this in the same character but without the puppet. Look IK and Grounder IK weight set to 0 and the character jitter stops. What jitters is the rig, trying to solve the position.

Kinda obvious as Final IK documentation says that I need to change scripts in order to make that work. http://www.root-motion.com/finalikdox/html/page17.html, but I don't know if that information is really updated, as changelog makes a lot of references about things being fixed to work with animated physics.

I tried to implent the script, and no solution. Also, scoured the internet for information on everything...Now I don't know if is a problem with Animated Physics on UCC with Final Ik. Also don't know if I need to use some script or not.

Also, your change in the KinematicObject script also affects if the suggested solver script by final IK documentation.

I'm completely lost, really. There is a lot of variables on the table.