Final IK + player/camera popping into position bug

whelly

Hi everyone, so this is something I got working a couple years ago but now I'm stuck and was hoping to get some advice. I'm using a Quadruped player with Final IK, and I want the player to rotate correctly along a slope for instance. The Grounder Quadruped script usually takes care of all this. It seems to kinda work, but only when the character isn't moving. I did a bit of research (found this thread actually), and messed around with the Final IK Bridge script for hours, but I'm still at a loss. I know it's gotta be a simple fix since it seems to work when the player is stationary. Probably something to do with changing when the IK solver updates?

Here's a video showing the issue:

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!

That definitely looks update related. The change that you'll need to make is in this post. It's good to hear that there are more people wanting this so I will try to get to it early next week. I'll let you know when I have updated the integration (it will require the latest version since there were some IK changes in that update).

Thank you Justin, that sounds great! I'm planning to do a tutorial video on how to use a UCC quadruped with Final IK, so hopefully a lot of people get good use out of this.