Few questions on BD Movement Pack with A* Movement

longshotsg

Hi,

Will like some help on the following questions.
Thanks.
Using Third Person CC, Behavior designer, behavior movement, a* path finding and all integrations downloaded.

1) This sounds basic but I can't figure out how. How do you STOP a character from moving?
Using Grid graph so there are no nav mesh, and therefore no nav mesh agents on my characters.
I tried the Start Stop ability of A Star AI Agent Movement with Start unchecked but it doesn't stop it. It only stops if I manually unchecked enabled checkbox under character's UCC component.
Tried quick stop and it does nothing. Play idle and it does not help too. it will just keep walking or in circles., which comes to my next question.

2) Sometimes my character will walk in circles. For circling around a waypoint I found that increasing arriving distance helps.
But there are times where I could be transitioning from patrol to pursue and then back to wander or patrol and it will just keep circling mid path to some destination.

All of the above are on a* path finding and any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I believe that these two are related. The StoppingDistance on the AStarAIAgentMovement ability is what you want to adjust. It sounds like this distance should be increased.

Thanks, I'll try that.
But I still can't figure out the action task to STOP a character. Tried the above and also speed change but nothing actually stops the character.
What should be the corresponding BD action task?
Thanks.

The character should automatically stop when it arrives within the stopping distance. I just did a quick test with this and that test worked.

Thanks Justin, but I'm asking for the Behavior task to STOP the character?
I want the character to stop at its current spot immediately while wandering for example.
How do I do it?
Thanks.