[Feature Request] Could you add to the demo dual wield throwing knives and a video showing how to setup?

vgwizardx

The reason I'm asking is you have good demos but for more complex things there aren't good examples. So dual wield throwing knives will need to be throwable with a dominate hand (say right), transfer knife in left hand to right after the right hand knife is thrown, still need to be able to be used as melee weapons, can be thrown and if missed picked back up. I think this will be very helpful because I have been trying these mechanics and keep running into issues. I will make another question or bug post based on my findings this week (Want to make sure I'm just not doing something stupid first). If not this another good setup tutorial will be setting up a new weapon one that isn't already apart of the ultimate character controller. It can be something as simple as a rock that can be thrown and picked up (as you can see I'm having issues with fully understanding creating thrown items lol).

This is for the character controller, correct? Moving threads.

We don't have animations for throwing knives so we can't make that demo right now. I will add it to my feature request list. In principal adding a throwable item is similar to the other items - you'll just want to make sure you assign the throwable object prefab under the throwable item component.

It'll be easier though to do a video on how to setup the grenade, and once we release version 2.2 I'll do that. Version 2.2 changes how some things work with the new inventory system integration.

Yes, this is for the Third Person Character Controller. Sorry I saw bugs and features and didn't realize that was for Behavioral Designer. I think most of my problems are that I'm new to Unity and UCC and learning as I go.

I have created a throwable item guide here. I will add a dual wield throwable item guide and add a throw and pickup guide once I figure those things out. Right now I get some weird things that happen when I have a throwable item that has an item pickup on it. Collisions stop working correctly as does the bounce effects. Also, you have to disable the item pickup when your character has it in had otherwise he just collects it as he throws it.

Thanks for posting that guide! I plan on creating a video after we release version 2.2 for how to add throwable items as well.

@Justin You should make a guide section on the forum. That way when people document something or a discussion goes into details on how to do something that isn't a part of your man documentation it can go there. Also, people that make there own guide videos can post to that location as well. Might also want to consider creating an Opsive wiki then the community can help with keeping documentation up to date as new things are found and created.

That's a great idea. Just to get the barebones going I'll create a new thread that has a link to the different community tutorials that I come across. Depending on how that goes we can see if this is a good solution or if it needs more such as a wiki.