External behavior from demo becomes empty when I press play

Melle

I have downloaded the UltimateCharacterController Demo and exported the Nolan agent behavior.

Then when I add it to my agent in my scene and press play it content gets deleted not the file.
I asked about it on discord and it works on 2017.3 and 2018.2 then it doesn't get deleted.
But I'm on 2018.3.0f2 and my behavior gets deleted.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Are you using the Unity 2018.3 version of Behavior Designer? Are you getting any errors? I would delete Behavior Designer from your Asset Store cache and download it again - this will ensure you are downloading the 2018.3 version.

Are you using the Unity 2018.3 version of Behavior Designer? Are you getting any errors? I would delete Behavior Designer from your Asset Store cache and download it again - this will ensure you are downloading the 2018.3 version.
Yes, I have done that. I had a problem when I installed Third person and First person so I deleted the folder Opsive and downloaded everything again.
If you look in Discord channel behavior-designer you can see what's happening. Problem is when I export the behavior in the demo and use it as an external behavior. When I press play it delete all the information in the external behavior.

I just tried the demo scene in a fresh 2018.3 project and it worked - all of the variables still showed up. It does sound like you are using a version of BD that isn't built for Unity 2018.3 so I would delete BD from the Asset Store cache and download again.

1545854078348.png

Yes, it did for me also but it disappears when I press play.
Did you try to start and the information/variables was still there when you stop?

EDIT: Yes the demoscene works but I exported the behavior and then used it as a external behavior in my own scene

Yes, all of the variables persisted through play mode:

https://streamable.com/2im97

Yes it did for me also in the demoscene. Demoscene is not the problem.

But when I export that behavior.
Then use that behavior in my own scene as an external behavior it goes blank when I press play.
unknown.png

unknown.png

I just tried exporting the tree and that worked as well:

https://streamable.com/1ap1w

This project is using all of the assets from the Asset Store so there shouldn't be a difference. Did you delete and download the new BD version after updating to 2018.3?

Yes I redownloaded Behavior designer, movement and tactical today.
1545855969838.png
1545855996922.png

I will try and make a video to show how its happening

You are getting an error - what error are you getting? Also, are you using binary or json serialization? If you also import the runtime source it should allow for more debugging:

https://opsive.com/behavior-designer-runtime-source/
The error when all task inside an behavior is delteted from the xternal behavior
Not using binary or json. Only installed First person, Third Person, BD, Tactical, Movement
I did install runtime source RuntimeSource_Unity_2018_3 now it look like this
1545902889364.png

Had to remove BD and all its parts so I could use the controller at least.
I installed BD again but when I install the movement pack I get a lot of warnings in the console do the extra packs to BD really support Unity 2018.3?

The error when all task inside an behavior is delteted from the xternal behavior
What is that error?

Not using binary or json. Only installed First person, Third Person, BD, Tactical, Movement
The behavior tree is using binary or json serialization - you can check by taking a look at the Behavior Designer preferences on the top right of the editor.

I did install runtime source RuntimeSource_Unity_2018_3 now it look like this
Make sure you completely remove the original Behavior Designer directory.

I installed BD again but when I install the movement pack I get a lot of warnings in the console do the extra packs to BD really support Unity 2018.3?
Yes, they do. If you are getting the errors above it likely means you didn't first remove the BD directory.

What is that error?

The behavior tree is using binary or json serialization - you can check by taking a look at the Behavior Designer preferences on the top right of the editor.

Make sure you completely remove the original Behavior Designer directory.

Yes, they do. If you are getting the errors above it likely means you didn't first remove the BD directory.
No idea what its called

Removed BD but installed it again then it was binary so I guess Binary is the default so I guess that's what I used

I removed them from User\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Opsive
If that is not enough I don't know where else I can remove them.

You don't need to remove the Asset Store folder. Try doing this:

1. Create a new project
2. Import the Behavior Designer runtime source
3. Import the Behavior Designer - Movement Pack
4. Import UCC
5. Import the BD/UCC integration
6. Try to export the tree and see if it works. If it doesn't work, what error do you get?