Error with Dialogue System and Equipped Items

nitrox32

I'm working on integrating UCC with DS. When my player starts a conversation and I have a weapon equipped I'm getting this error. I'm getting it when "Allow Equipped Item Slot 0 and Slot 1" are unticked in the Converse ability. I posted this on Dialogue System discord and Tony seems to think this might be a UCC issue.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler.ExecuteEvent[T1,T2] (System.Object obj, System.String eventName, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) (at <27da9e1afec54f2fb2a11d46a234f9df>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStopAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability, System.Boolean force) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1459)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability.StopAbility (System.Boolean force, System.Boolean fromController) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:695)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability.StopAbility () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:672)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip.TryStopEquipUnequipAbility () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:1154)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip.ItemEquipComplete (System.Int32 slotID, System.Boolean canUpdate) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:1137)
Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase.AddEventInternal[T,U] (System.Single delay, Opsive.Shared.Game.ScheduledEventBase+InvokeLocation invokeLocation, System.Action`2[T1,T2] action, T value1, U value2) (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase.ScheduleFixed[T,U] (System.Single delay, System.Action`2[T1,T2] action, T value1, U value2) (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip.ItemEquip (System.Int32 slotID, System.Boolean canUpdate) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:1063)
Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase.AddEventInternal[T,U] (System.Single delay, Opsive.Shared.Game.ScheduledEventBase+InvokeLocation invokeLocation, System.Action`2[T1,T2] action, T value1, U value2) (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0)
Opsive.Shared.Game.SchedulerBase.ScheduleFixed[T,U] (System.Single delay, System.Action`2[T1,T2] action, T value1, U value2) (at <6b6b48297d4f49e9ba244a49e70e6e92>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip.ItemUnequipComplete (System.Int32 slotID, System.Boolean canUpdate) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:942)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip.ItemUnequip (System.Int32 slotID, System.Boolean canUpdate) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:850)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:675)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.UpdateAbilities (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability[] abilities) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:809)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.UpdateUltimateLocomotion () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:740)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion.Move (System.Single horizontalMovement, System.Single forwardMovement, System.Single deltaYawRotation) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:487)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager+KinematicCharacter.Move (System.Boolean manualMove) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:237)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/KinematicObjectManager.cs:880)

Are you able to equip and unequip normally? I feel like something might be incorrectly set in your item abilities.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it. To fix it:

- Ensure you are running version 2.4.5 which was just released.
- Download the shared source from the character controller download page.
- Remove the shared folder from your project
- Import the shared source
- Change line 420 of EventHandler.cs from:
Code:
                for (int i = actions.Count - 1; i >= 0; --i) {
to:
Code:
                for (int i = 0; i < actions.Count; ++i) {
This will also be in the next update but it'll be awhile before that is released.

I followed the instructions and I'm getting 25 namespace errors relating to UIS. I forgot to mention at I'm also integrating with UIS.

Assets\Opsive\UltimateInventorySystem\Scripts\UI\Item\ItemViewModules\IntAttributeItemView.cs(12,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.Shared' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Your solution seems looks like an easy fix but I'm not sure what to do about the errors.

Last edited:
The shared source doesn't work with the inventory system. I hope to be able to release this update soon which will fix the exception.

Hey Justin, I noticed in the latest update it didn't mention that this error was fixed. Did you fix it? Since the shared source doesn't work with UIS I can't fix this error and use UIS and Dialogue System together. My project depends on this working.

Yes, I forgot that was included in that update. The update is still waiting to be released on the Asset Store.