Error when equipping weapon

WillyG99

Hi, i can equip the weapon, but it throws me some errors which i can't seem to solve. I know it's failing to get a reference, but from what?
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

m_EquipUnequip is null, so it can't find the corresponding ability. The assignment is done in the Initialize() method. You should start debugging in line 121 to see why it can't find the ability.

So i found where it fails by setting up some debug logs, i guess the id's don't match? But where do i find these id's and match them?Screenshot_5.png

I managed to fix it by making the "Loadout" collection into an itemSLOTcollection instead of ItemCollection, but it's showing me that i don't have an Equipment collection, which i doScreenshot_6.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 5
Nevermind, im getting the error again, when i equip my weapon while the player is selected in the inspector, i don't get the error, but if the player is not selected, i get the error as i equip it, is it a bug?Screenshot_2 (1).png

It looks like you are using the inventory system, correct? I'll move this to the correct forum.

Based off of the errors that you are receiving it doesn't look like you have an equip unequip ability added for the slot that is trying to be equipped.

I managed to fix it by making the "Loadout" collection into an itemSLOTcollection instead of ItemCollection, but it's showing me that i don't have an Equipment collection, which i do

Is it possible you have a space somewhere after Equipment. It might be saying it can't find it because the strings don't match "Equipment "=/= "Equipment"